Tyndale House Publishers and Wycliffe Bible Translators team up in a brilliant collaborative effort to give the New Living Translation to contest winners—and to give one fortunate family the opportunity to learn about the exciting world of Bible translation with a custom-designed adventure at the Wycliffe Discovery Center in Orlando, Florida.
Everyone wins! Every person who enters their name and email address on the Bible Contest website wins a free download of Matthew West reading the Christmas story.
Daily winners who enter on the New Living Translation Facebook page will win two NLT Study Bibles—one to keep and one to give away.
Weekly winners who enter on the NLT Bible Contest website will receive five NLT Study Bibles and $250 worth of NLT products to give away to a ministry of their choice when they tell others who they would like to bless with the Bibles and how they would do it.
One Grand Prize winner will enjoy a unique trip customized just for them and their family (or three guests of their choice), to Wycliffe Bible Translators world headquarters and the WordSpring Discovery Center in Orlando, FL where they will experience firsthand the exciting world of Bible translation.
- Contest runs from November 29, 2010 to January 15, 2011.
- Tyndale will Give the Word by providing a free download of the Christmas Story read by Matthew West to anyone who provides first name and email address on Contest site. Open and available to all.
- Daily winners Give the Word as they are selected from visitors to the NLT Facebook Fan Page where they will review a verse of Scripture in four English translations, choosing the one they feel is clearest. Random selection of one winner per day, receiving two NLT Study Bibles—one to keep and one to give away.
- Daily Winners will also have opportunity to Give the Word when they vote for their favorite Ministry—Wycliffe Bible Translators, the Dream Center, or Oasis International, with each vote counting toward a donation to the selected ministry. Tallied regularly, awarded when fan count reaches periodic milestones.
- Weekly winners on the Bible Contest website will be asked to share how they would Give the Word to a ministry in need of Bibles by writing, in essay form, about the ministry and the need.
- Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from entries on Bible Contest site where they review a passage from the NLT Study Bible and consider the study notes, sharing how the verses and notes combine to strengthen their relationship with God. Grand Prize Winner will have customized experience with Wycliffe Bible Translators, leaning how WBT Gives the Word to bibleless people groups around the world. Selection based on essay quality, heartfelt expression, pertinence to focus of Contest and passion for God’s Word, the NLT specifically and the Bible, generally.